dirty and disheveled

Can this word refer to a state of mind? The disheveled part, I mean. Apparently, the first use of this word was in the early 18th century. It comes from the word draggle, which means, “dirty or wet, typically by trailing it through mud or water.” I’ve never seen draggle used without the be- and the -d, but I like it. Maybe draggle deserves a renaissance?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <s> <strike> <strong>