It’s been a while since I last dumped a bunch of links on me olde blogge, so I thought now would be a good time to share. Here are a few things I’ve come across:
- Virtual Street Reality: Impossibly cool 3D effects with sidewalk chalk.
Photo Fakery from OE Magazine: “Identifying falsified images can be straightforward if you know a few tricks.”
- Google Moon: The lunatics at Google have mapped the moon. Zoom in all the way for a little chuckle.
- Pedestrian Hacker Group Releases Crosswalk Button Hacks: “A shadowy group of pedestrian hackers called Cross Anytime announced their discovery of several back doors or ‘cheats’ using crosswalk buttons at many intersections.… The most popular hack, which works on most models, is the ‘Instant Walk.’ Three short clicks, followed by two long, one short, two long, and three short; turn any crosswalk signal from ‘don’t walk’ to ‘walk’ with a matching change in the traffic signals.” I don’t know if this is for real or not, and I’m too lazy to find out for myself, so if anyone else wants to see if any of these hacks work and post a comment, I’d appreciate it. But then, why should I believe you any more than the person who put together that site? Hmmm.
- Phone Spell: “What does your phone number spell?” Find out.
- I Park Like An Idiot: “You suck at parking! Let the world know it!” Very funny bumper stickers, though I don’t necessarily condone putting them on vehicles that don’t belong to you.